Sunday, November 29, 2015
The University of California at Santa Barbara has yet another South Florida high school star headed their way in Gulliver Prep's Samantha Rosenberg. In 2015 Rosenberg was elected to the prestigious SoFlo Water Polo Blog's All Tri-County First Team and the Miami Herald's All Dade County First Team.
Rosenberg's water polo career has benefited from training under the best South Florida has to offer; starting as a youngster with the SFLA Bulldogs Swim & Dania Beach Hurricanes Water Polo Teams under Ann Plitnick, South Florida Water Polo Club under Istvan Csendes, Gulliver Prep under Carroll Vaughan and Miami Beach International WPC under Paul Becskehazy. Rosenberg also has experience in international competition playing with the Puerto Rican national youth team on several occasions.
Link To 2015 SoFlo WPB's All Tri-County Team:
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
A classic Italian Thanksgiving Turkey made with the Italian touch! Not just any stuffing... a stuffing of delicious Porcini Risotto and much more!
- 1 Turkey - of about 15 Lbs
- 2 Cups - Fresh Porcini Mushrooms or other type of fresh mushrooms diced in small pieces
- 2 Links - Hot Italian sausage
- 2 Links - Mild Italian sausage
- 1 Cup - Grated Romano cheese
- 1 Cup - Grated Parmigiano cheese
- 10 Chestnuts - Boiled
- 1/2 Cup - Bread crumbs
- 1 Cup - Arborio rice
- 2 Large onions
- 10 Cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tbs - Fresh parsley
- 1 Tbs - Fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbs - Fresh sage
- 1 Tbs - Fresh oregano
- 1 Tbs - Fresh thyme
- Hot pepper
- EV olive oil
- 2 Sticks of butter
- Chicken broth
- Dry white wine
- 1 Head - Fresh celery
- 10 Carrots
- 1 Apple
- VIDEO HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akRVoWYaydA
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
In a show of solidarity, Dr. Phillips High School water polo team have shaved their heads for their fellow teammate Ian Supra, 18, center, who has Stage 4 esophageal cancer.
Click here for article:
Additional article from USA Water Polo:
Sunday, November 22, 2015
- 1 c brown sugar packed
- 3/4 c ketchup
- 3/4 c low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 c chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 24 boneless skinless chicken (I used thighs, about 5lbs)
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1 1/3 cups for basting; cover and refrigerate. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags. Add 12 chicken thighs to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes.
- BAKE IT: 375 for about 30 minutes
- Mix together the Brown Sugar, Ketchup, Soy Sauce, Chicken Broth, Ginger, and Garlic in a bowl.
- Place Chicken in the Crock Pot
- Pour 2/3 of the sauce over the top (save some for brushing on later)
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours, or LOW for 6 hours
The Former U of Hawaii Rainbow Wahine offers up a specialty from the island.